Briston Stores (Mace Shop)
After establishing himself and his family in the butcher shop in the mid 1940s, it seemed a natural progression for founder Bertie (Herbert Graves) to buy the little village shop (Mace), next door but one. from Mr Taylor when he decided to sell.
Over the years the Mace shop has evolved into what it is today. Some of the services it now offers are:
- Daily newspapers & delivery
- National lottery
- National lottery scratch cards
- Phone top ups
- Calor gas
- Fresh flowers & pot plants
- Greeting cards & stationary
- Directions for lost travellers!
- Monday 7:00am until 9:15pm
- Tuesday 7:00am until 9:15pm
- Wednesday 7:00am until 9:15pm
- Thursday 7:00am until 9:15pm
- Friday 7:00am until 9:15pm
- Saturday 7:00am until 9:15pm
- Sunday 7:30am until 12:15pm
Both Briston Stores (the Mace general convenience) and the Bakery are open from 7am until 9:15pm (Monday to Saturday). Both shops close at 12:15pm on Sundays.
The H. V. Graves Butcher’s shop is open from Monday to Saturday, 7am to 5:30pm (closed on Sundays).